We have created 50 paws for the 50th anniversary of UMBC! We have placed these 50 paws all around campus.
Each paw contains a unique design as well as an interesting factoid about UMBC.
Post a photo with the different paws around campus and you could win!
Take a selfie, posed, filtered, or fun photo with a paw
Post it to Instagram or Facebook with #UMBC50Paws
Make sure your profile/the post is public for us to find it
The person with the most paws will win a Starbucks gift card
Runners up will receive another great prize
Winners will be drawn after UMBC’s Homecoming in early October.
Here are some clues to help lead you around campus:
- Whether printing a banner or a quarter sheet, the prices here can’t be beat.
- The brains of the Commons, down the hall from Skylight, this office also has the heads of Student Life.
- Wednesdays for trivia this is the place to be. Get some beer or some wine or some bubble tea.
- After a long day of classes, take a break from school. Play some video games, table tennis, or shoot some pool.
- This space is the place for club involvement, and it’s also the seat for our student government.
- UMBC was a commuter school at the very start. This office ensures those students still take part.
- School supplies and apparel as far as you can see, don’t forget your textbooks, binders, and maybe a new PC.
- You’ll find the office of the Vice President across from the admins. If Dr. Young is available, she’ll surely invite you in.
- Whether a soda, some medicine, or some kind of juice, this space can provide that little afternoon boost.
- A place of quiet reprieve if you’d like to step in, the only requirement is that you respect women.
- Whether you’ve had a bad day, or have something to report, these offices will meet you with all types of support.
- The oldest auditorium that still supports class, or catch a few flicks with a semester movie pass.
- UMBC focuses on emerging technology; this program ensures it meets that with diversity.
- All day come on by and grab a bite, or when those cravings strike hit up Late Night.
- A courtyard and wings, with swipe access on the doors, this dorm is named after a body of water in Baltimore.
- Here is where they’ll treat a cut, sprain, or infection. Or provide a massage to release some tension.
- Want to live on campus? This is the place to be. They’ll assign you a room and give you the key.
- This river forms the border between Baltimore County and Howard County.
- The river forms the border between Maryland and Virginia.
- Go here for a moment of quiet contemplation, while surrounded by nature and stony formations.
- This river is the longest river on the East Coast of the United States.
- The latest apartments to get a fix up, this is the space where you can pick your packages up.
- These tall apartments guard the top of campus like a fort. It’s also the only place with a sanded volleyball court.
- Whether running, swimming, or lifting weight, this is the place to get in shape.
- You see a beautiful mural inside this building on Academic Row.
- What’s bronze, has a lucky nose, four legs, and never moves?
- You’ve worked out, you’ve sweated, you got your pulse up. Now this is the closest place to hop on the bus.
- Two areas of study make up the name of this building.
- This H-shaped building has a courtyard in the middle.
- You would lose in a staring contest with this figure on Academic Row.
- Because intelligence is not defined by your sex, this office pushes for more women in tech.
- This building has a great formula for views of the library and Pond on Academic Row.
- Come find me at the tallest building on campus!
- Rock out to the latest jams and talk shows on the plaza.
- One of the main locations for large scale entertainment, from hypnosis to fashion shows to cultural events.
- Whether you’re an undergrad, grad, or doctorate, this center is always on the leading edge of tech.
- No matter how your UMBC journey was set to begin, they were the ones to let you in.
- Centered in a building dedicated to technology, sometimes you can even spot a student-made dune buggy.
- Play your part and come view some art!
- The newest building on campus, this is the place to catch a moving concert performance.
- This is a nice place to relax by the water on Academic Row.
- Here you can work out some deals for money so your college is as sweet as honey.
- Named for the first chancellor of UMBC, this is where they hang art or documents for all to see.
- You’ll be a pig in mud with the scenic views of this pond.
- High above and surrounded by books, these windows provide one of the best campus looks.
- This building sits at the end of a dormitory line and also houses Lecture Hall number nine.
- Near to the Commons and full of laboratories, this building is topped by a green laser-emitting observatory.
- To properly park and avoid getting a ticket, make sure to stop by here and get a parking permit.
- Walking to this farm-like structure is quite a hike, but driving in the entrance it is quite the sight.
- The largest venue for watching athletics outside, come out, cheer loud, wear your colors with pride!